Improve Employee Morale With Employee Recognition AwardsMukesh Kulothia
Five Fun awards Ideas
Hopefully as a manager or superior, you have come to the important realization that employee recognition awards can be an incredible tool in boosting employee production and enthusiasm. If not, wake up and smell the coffee! A growing number of bosses are beginning to recognize the overall usefulness of an employee recognition program in boosting overall output. More importantly, these awards programs are highly effective at increasing the amount of team spirit and confidence in the work place.
Of course, it can be difficult to decide just what specific titles to award your employees. There is nothing earth-shatteringly brilliant about the title “Good Performance in Middle Management,” now is there? To help get you started on the right foot, let us review some great employee recognition awards titles.
- Office Jester – The mentality that joking around in the office is bad seems to be rather prevalent these days, does it not? Unfortunately, the idea that too many jokes in the office will lead to inappropriate sexist or political humor leads many managers to forbid joking around all together. However, a little good clean humor can be a quite favorable thing for the office! Indeed, awarding the biggest office jester with a lovely engraved plaque can work to encourage healthy camaraderie and bonding.
- Early Riser – Morning traffic jams and cold winter weather leads many employees to crawl into the office exactly on time, rather than a few minutes early. We all know what a pain it can be to get out of bed and get ready for work. Show that consistently early employee just how much you appreciate their efforts with an “Early Riser” plaque.
- Job Well Done – An employee recognition award should not just be given to employees for overall good work. Rather, you should provide awards or plaques that honor specific achievements to employees who deserve them. If someone did a great job on a certain account or project, show them just how much it was valued with a “Job Well Done” engraved plaque.
- Balancing Act – Work may not be the only challenge a particular employee faces everyday. Single mothers, part time students, or people working double jobs face numerous challenges on a day to day basis. Reward these troopers with a sensitively presented “Balancing Act” plaque. Employee recognition that honors the unsung heroes among us can be a very touching gesture for the recipient, and provide them with an award that they will always cherish.
- Most Improved – Although you should avoid mentioning anything negative about the employee at the awards ceremony, a “Most Improved” engraved plaque can be a great award to give to an employee who has improved their output and productivity. An employee who has come full circle from teetering on the brink of termination will truly appreciate the recognition.
All of these employee recognition awards are great for showing your employees that your company truly cares about them. But do not feel limited by this list. Feel free to come up with awards ideas that are tailor made to suit the characteristics and quirks of specific employees.